Hello Kyle -
We finally got this working (kinda) and it was a pain... First it all centers around certificates both on the phone and on ADS. So depending on how your CA is setup, this could be part of the problem. We are testing at this time so we opted to use the Demo Cert, but will be moving to change that in the near future (As Avaya has stated they will not support the Demo cert moving forward with ADS).
You might have to fiddle with the 46xxsettings.txt file to accecpt the CA (And even turn on the SLA Agent on the phone). So below I will just ramble a few items that we had issues with.
The 46xxsettings that come into play are:
Of these settings, I have found (My experinces and my opinion) that you don't want to wander from the default port on SLMPORT, and the example for SLMSRVR seemed wrong, as it just needs an IP Address (No other setting). There also seems to be a delay on when a phone gets rebooted to take these settings, and when it can be found/reconized/work on the Remote Agent. I had phones take over 2 to 4 hours to become usable (And we are running near the latest loads of firmwares on these 96xx Phones).
Also check how you have the Trusted Certificate on the settings file setup. Here is one way we got it to work:
Last but not least, this feature doesn't work on 16xx type IP phones... I know it seems obvious if you read the documents, but I have found that sometimes obvious is not that easy! :)
James E. Davis