General IAUG Discussion Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Moving from One X Communicator to Avaya Workplace

Posted 01-30-2023 04:13 PM
    Hi all,
    With the end of life coming up for 8.x, we are prepping to upgrade to the latest release.  With that, our capability to use OneX Communicator and OneX Attendant are going away.  I'm being told the replacement for One-X Attendant (workplace attendant) is fairly involved and most companies are opting to go with an attendant queue using regular Workplace client.  Can anyone share their experience or what they are doing for their attendants after going to 10.X?  Also I'm not finding a ton of information around agents on workplace.  Is there a special version for agents?  Is that included in subscription licensing?  Thanks for any info/tips you can share, appreciate it.

------------------------------
    Lori Wodrich
    IAUG Board of Directors
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Amerisure Insurance

• 2.  RE: Moving from One X Communicator to Avaya Workplace

Posted 01-31-2023 07:31 AM
    I can't speak to Attendant -- but as far as Avaya Agent, it's a really nice client.  SIP based, which means remote workers are very easy to deploy.  Experience seems to be very nice, with a simple interface that is pretty customizable for end agents.  Not only that, but agents can also use the standard client on their Android and/or iPhones without any additional work.

It does require a license, and that license should be bundled with your subscription license.  I don't think they enable it by default (check with your business partner), but if it's not, it would be a $0 change order.  The hardest part for us was exposing the license to the world -- which meant we had to put a PLDS server exposed to the world.

If you want me to show you how it looks, I can show you at our next local chapter meeting :)

Nick Kwiatkowski
    Director of Design and Engineering
    Michigan State University
    East Lansing MI

• 3.  RE: Moving from One X Communicator to Avaya Workplace

Posted 02-01-2023 08:47 AM
    Edited by Lori Wodrich 02-01-2023 08:48 AM
    Thanks Nick,
    Great info and appreciate it!
    Will hit you up to see it at our next meeting.

Lori Wodrich 
    IAUG Board of Directors
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    Amerisure Insurance