Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  System Manager SIP Users Bulk Import

Posted 04-20-2023 01:54 PM

We currently have Nortel CS1k and Avaya Aura 8.1 systems. We are working to decom the nortel. I have done some testing with the SIP user import excel template to bulk import stations to Avaya. Everything is working as expected except when trying to import a station that has bridged appearances the import fails. I've identified that is because the bridge appearance is of a station that has not been created but is in the import. If I rearrange the spreadsheet to move the station that will be bridged above the station that will have the bridge appearance it works as it should because the station has already been created. We have approx 3000 stations we will be doing this with and arranging them in the appropriate order will be nightmare. Any suggestions on how this can be done without building 3000 basic phones and then going back and manually adding keys to each station? 

------------------------------
    Aaron Parson
    System Engineer II
    Oracle
    Springfield MO

• 2.  RE: System Manager SIP Users Bulk Import

Posted 04-21-2023 08:37 AM

Can you process this by doing two imports?  One for the principal extensions and the other for the stations that have bridged appearances of the principals?

Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator

• 3.  RE: System Manager SIP Users Bulk Import

Posted 04-21-2023 09:31 AM

I think you're actually on the right track.  Building basic stations as a "Phase 1" is exactly what ProVision does (Avaya Professional Service's own tool).   So you'll need two spreadsheets, one that creates the basic stations first and another that modifies them.

Sam Osheroff

Telecom Engineer

UW-IT Infrastructure

University of Washington

• 4.  RE: System Manager SIP Users Bulk Import

Posted 04-21-2023 10:32 AM

The only issue that I ran into by creating one spreadsheet for main exts and then a second for modifications if that when importing the second spreadsheet it fails  because the user already exists. 

Aaron Parson
    System Engineer II
    Oracle
    Springfield MO

• 5.  RE: System Manager SIP Users Bulk Import

Posted 05-01-2023 12:40 AM

Did you tell the import job to merge changes?

Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator