Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  Getting VDNs in the Person Lookup tool in Avaya Attendant, is it possible?

Posted 08-28-2023 10:45 AM

Hello, does anyone know if it is possible to get VDNs into the Person lookup tool in the Avaya Attendant software? As far as I understand, it only looks up numbers for stations. Thank you in advance for any assistance

------------------------------
    Brian Stahl
    Project Manager
    Heywood Hospital

• 2.  RE: Getting VDNs in the Person Lookup tool in Avaya Attendant, is it possible?

Posted 08-29-2023 08:37 AM

Brian, Avaya Attendant software doesn't have a built-in feature today for VDNs. It is strictly designed to retrieve and display information about people based on their extensions or phone numbers. What is your objective?  There are probably better ways to get what you need.

Bill Magnuson
    CEO
    Magnuson.Tech
    Springboro OH

• 3.  RE: Getting VDNs in the Person Lookup tool in Avaya Attendant, is it possible?

Posted 08-29-2023 09:11 AM

Hi Bill,

I work in a hospital system and the switchboard staff will use the lookup features for a specific doctor instead of his office #, and then send the calls to the wrong location. Staff does not always know what doctor work where, so they just look up the doctors name. I have setup the speed dial list for one of my hospitals already that list office VDNs, but as the other hospital is learning to use the attendant, the question came up about using the USER lookup for all extensions, hence my original question.  Just trying to be as efficient as possible.

Thanks

Brian

Brian Stahl
    Project Manager
    Heywood Hospital

• 4.  RE: Getting VDNs in the Person Lookup tool in Avaya Attendant, is it possible?

Posted 08-29-2023 11:08 AM

Thanks, Brian, for the clarification.  I don't have an answer, as we have had to develop our own workaround for the problem.  I am hoping someone else might have an answer for you on the forum.  

Bill Magnuson
    Consultant
    BindMyIT
    Springboro OH

• 5.  RE: Getting VDNs in the Person Lookup tool in Avaya Attendant, is it possible?

Posted 10-05-2023 07:59 PM
    Edited by Chas C 10-05-2023 08:04 PM

Hello,

I have a tool that I created for Operators at an 1800 room hotel. It's python code that pulls all 'numbers' from Avaya CM. Numbers include stations, vdn, agent IDs, (anything that is a number) and dumps it into a local sqlite3 database. The database is loaded and routed as an api for a search form with notes.

How it works:
    1. Operator opens program and do a fresh import from Avaya CM (takes a couple of seconds),
    2. During shift, operator searches by name or extension (auto-complete search),
    3. Operator creates notes against the extension (only owner (person logged into PC) of note can view, edit, delete notes),
    4. Program can be setup to get call-forward status, do not disturb status (values are from last import),
    5. Rules can be setup and are persistent -- rules like preventing extensions from appearing in search results OR have a note auto-appear when extension is selected,
    6. Program is setup to have a local database, each operator PC has its own database (program was built so that Operators have a way to search extensions and names when the network is down),
    7. Program can have a central database as simple as in a shared folder or as robust as a production database on a server.

Chas C