Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  G650 Media Gateway Compatibility / interop with Aura CM 10.2.x

Posted 10-06-2023 03:05 AM

Hi Folks,

I heard that in the latest version of Cm 10.2.x which i have assumed that has been GA, G650 gateways are not supported. Does anyone has the reference document on this or advise it will be supported.

------------------------------
    Asif Shabbir
    Technical Consultant
    Keyston Distribution

• 2.  RE: G650 Media Gateway Compatibility / interop with Aura CM 10.2.x

Posted 10-06-2023 07:35 AM

CM 10.1.3 was just released a few weeks ago.  Avaya has said in their roadmaps that they are scheduled to release 10.2 at, or near the end of this calendar year.

They haven't released reference or install guides for this version yet -- those will most likely come out about a week before it is released.  

Avaya has had it on their roadmap that 10.1.x was the last release to support G650 cabinets.  It is not expected that 10.2 will support them.  They had pulled support for G650 cabinets initially for the 10.1.x release train, but added it back in due to severe parts shortages on replacement gateways (G450 and G430 models).  That parts shortage is now done and the gateways are in healthy supply in the channel.

Nick Kwiatkowski
    Director of Design and Engineering
    Michigan State University
    East Lansing MI

• 3.  RE: G650 Media Gateway Compatibility / interop with Aura CM 10.2.x

Posted 10-09-2023 11:56 AM

I concur, Nick. We were told explicitly by Avaya at our chapter meeting last week the the G650's will not be operable with 10.2, which they say will be GA in December. They said the G400 series are the go-forward physical gateway, that there are no plans for them to go anywhere, and that they are readily available.