General IAUG Discussion Forum

View Only
  • 1.  crisis alert button and list emergency issue

Posted 10-12-2022 10:33 AM
    I have a CM site R017x.01.0.532.0 (Hospital) with 96XX phones (working on getting FW version)

Calls to 911 & 9-911 work and hit the PSAP no problem. 

Emergency Dept main desk ext 6334 has crss-alrt button on it, both 11 & 911 set up in ARS to emer (tried alrt too)  

testing a call made from 6296 nearby ext within same TN as all are crisis alert does not alert on 6334 nor does a 911 call show up on "list emergency" 

I only need crss-alrt on 2 or 3 phones so I don't see a need for SA9065

I did see that a glitch was found on FW 3.2 which is why I think that's the issue but just looking for a 2nd set of eyes to see if I missed something. Thanks

------------------------------
    Dennis

• 2.  RE: crisis alert button and list emergency issue

Posted 10-13-2022 07:35 AM
    Hi Dennis,

Did you check your setting for - change system-parameters crisis-alert and make sure it is set to "y".

Then add the crss-alert to the 2 or 3 stations.

I'm just trying to gauge what has been setup or done so far.

Tim

Tim Eddinger
    Enterprise Network Manager
    Seneca Foods Corp.
    Fairport, NY

• 3.  RE: crisis alert button and list emergency issue

Posted 10-13-2022 08:34 AM
    I originally just added the crss-alrt button then double checked ars routing was svcl changed to alrt. Place test call no alert on phone. Changed to emergency, tested again no alert on station. Then went to sys parameters crisis and field was y for alert all. Yesterday I changed to n just to try something. My tester left at 3:30pm so I didn't get to test.  BTW the phones are 96XX series so they can't run FW 3.2 so that's not it!! They are currently FW 6.6029.

Dennis

• 4.  RE: crisis alert button and list emergency issue

Posted 10-13-2022 11:55 AM
    I don't have an answer here, but I do know that the change system-parameters crisis-alert to "y," has nothing to do with your problem. That setting has to do with how many people have to acknowledge the alert before it stops flashing and ringing. If it is set to "N," which mine is, after the first person presses the Alert feature button, the alerting stops.

It sounds like your ARS Analysis is correct. Mine is set similar as follows:
    Dialed String = 911 Min = 3 Max = 3 Route Pattern = 911 Call type = alrt
    Dialed String = 11   Min = 2 Max = 2 Route Pattern = 911 Call type = alrt

My route Patterns are set as follows:
    Route Pattern = 911 Name = 9-911 emergen Grp No1 (Trunk) = 5 FRL = 0
    Route Pattern = 912 Name = 911 emergency Grp No1 (Trunk) = 5 FRL = 0

Obviously, and lastly I have assigned he "crss-alert" feature button to some 9608 phones.

Curious to know where the problem lies for you.

[Bill] [Wilhelm]
    [Unified Communications Engineer]
    [John Carroll University]
    [University Hts.] [Ohio]
    [none]

• 5.  RE: crisis alert button and list emergency issue

Posted 10-13-2022 11:59 AM
    I'm leaning towards corruption and doing a reset to shake this weirdness out. Thanks, for the reply.

Dennis

• 6.  RE: crisis alert button and list emergency issue

Posted 10-13-2022 12:00 PM
    Just an after-thought here. Have you tried opening an ASA Emulation screen and doing a list trace tac XXXX? TAC = Trunk Access Code, and the one assigned to the outgoing trunk group listed in your routing table.

I have never tried that so not sure it would work, let alone help you to determine where things are breaking down.

[Bill] [Wilhelm]
    [Unified Communications Engineer]
    [John Carroll University]
    [University Hts.] [Ohio]
    [none]

• 7.  RE: crisis alert button and list emergency issue

Posted 10-13-2022 12:10 PM
    Yes, I see the calls routing out as they always have. Since we're a hospital we have 2 different models for the facilities we have. This facility routes 911 to the PSAP always, others triage the calls and decide if a call goes out from a specific phone. This issue just came up because a rash of calls to 911 so now they want to know who is dialing 911. I know CDR would be after the fact so crss-alrt is more instant. I put it on 2 Emergency Dept phones because they're 24/7 manned phones. Our security officer is the one placing the calls and he is friends with the Sheriff Dept, so when he calls they know its him. I've never had an issue assigning crisis alert no matter how I started, assign the button, assign ARS or sys fea in any order and it just worked. So again I'm thinking corruption mostly because the list emergency shows nothing called. Thanks,

Dennis