General IAUG Discussion Forum

View Only
  • 1.  COR Restriction and Service Disruption

Posted 06-12-2023 05:00 PM

Hello,

We have an ongoing problem where agent phones for a particular contact center group regularly put themselves out of service (and become unresponsive to pressing keys or buttons). The users cannot utilize their workstations (I know there is a separate forum/community for Contact Center questions, but I feel this is not germane to Contact Center discussion).

The group manager requested that we block direct calls to the extensions used in her call center. We accomplished this by setting up a COR that restricts calls to extensions that use the COR.

We have tried countless measures to remedy the issue - nevertheless, it persists. Often a busyout/release of the workstation resolves the issue for the moment, but we have yet to come up with a long-term solution.

I suspect there is a conflict between the restrictive COR and the issue with phones being put out of service, as I have been told that the problem often occurs when agents try to transfer calls.

Can anyone confirm or deny the existence of such a problem? Is there anything in this COR that might trigger the issue described above? I am posting screenshots of the COR configuration below for reference:

Thank you for any insights you can provide!

------------------------------
    Dan Fabrizio
    Telecom Analyst II
    Maimonides Medical Center
    Brooklyn, NY

• 2.  RE: COR Restriction and Service Disruption

Posted 06-13-2023 08:15 AM

I highly doubt that the COR setting would cause the phones to go out of service.  Blocking incoming calls to contact centers is a pretty regular thing and used by /many/ organizations, and what you mentioned isn't something that is common.

More likely what is happening is that there is a network disruption happening somewhere between your phones and your PROCR/CLANs.  I'm assuming these are H.323 phones, and they are /super/ sensitive to network drops -- even if its for a few seconds. They depend on an open TCP socket to your server to stay up -- and if it gets closed for any reason (again, network issue, firewall, etc), you would experience what you are talking about.

-Nick

Nick Kwiatkowski
    Director of Design and Engineering
    Michigan State University
    East Lansing MI

• 3.  RE: COR Restriction and Service Disruption

Posted 06-13-2023 03:19 PM

Thanks, Nick! I was looking at COR settings because it is one thing that is unique to the particular call center group (they are the only group that uses this COR). It is the only group in our hospital that is experiencing this issue. We recently changed all the phones to SIP, but it has yet to make a huge difference. After all the measures we've taken to manage the issue, we agreed to involve our network team. Still, I am taking every measure possible with our Telecom team before involving the network team.

Daniel Fabrizio
    Telecom Analyst
    Brooklyn NY

• 4.  RE: COR Restriction and Service Disruption

Posted 06-13-2023 08:37 AM

Hi Dan,

Can you share what settings you have set in the first three tabs for that COR you are using?

This may help.

Thank you,

Tim Eddinger
    Enterprise Network Manager
    Seneca Foods Corp.
    Fairport, NY

• 5.  RE: COR Restriction and Service Disruption

Posted 06-13-2023 03:21 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Tim, I am attaching screenshots of the COR settings to this post. Thanks so much for responding!

Daniel Fabrizio
    Telecom Analyst
    Brooklyn NY

Attachment(s)

docx
    COR6.docx   64 KB 1 version

• 6.  RE: COR Restriction and Service Disruption

Posted 06-13-2023 03:47 PM

Hi Dan,

Nothing out of the ordinary on the COR. I'd read a few posts about issues with COR settings, but not seeing what they had discussed in your config.

I would lean more on what Nick said. See if you can get a WireShark going to view the traffic.

Tim

Tim Eddinger
    Enterprise Network Manager
    Seneca Foods Corp.
    Fairport, NY