General IAUG Discussion Forum

View Only
  • 1.  CDR from SMGR

Posted 11-15-2022 12:39 PM
    Dear members,
    Greetings.

For the first time, we are required to get the CDR reports for our SIP endpoints.
    Most of our environment (around 4000 endpoints) is H.323, we are getting CDR reports from our existing accounting software & we are pretty much satisfied with it.

Now, due to some specific situation, we have deployed SIP IP phones and SIP trunks & enabled the CDR parameters in Session Managers successfully and getting the CDR flat file but the process is manual, fetching the report via SFTP client, each time.
    Is there anyway we can automate the same without investing in additional CDR software ?Please suggest.
    We are on Aura 8 release.

------------------------------
    Arslan Ali
    UC Consultant
    Vodafone

• 2.  RE: CDR from SMGR

Posted 11-15-2022 02:29 PM
    Hi,

This is John O'Brien. I'm a consultant for Maimonides Medical Center. I developed an Excel VBA (macro) program for SBCE CDR. The files from our SBCE are ftp'd to a folder (C:\FTP1) on a server we use for all of our homegrown Avaya processes. They are automatically FTP'd hourly from the SBCE. 

I open the Excel macro and presently have it arranged to start when I press ctrl-r (could be set to auto execute upon opening). The macro looks for all recently FTP'd files and collates the contents into a date named file, and stores the FTP'd files in another folder where they will eventually be deleted by the macro. The collation process converts from comma delimited to tab delimited format.  

The macro also enables you to import one or more date named files into Excel for analysis.  It expands some fields such as reason codes with their meaning and tags some IP's with a meaning (such as calling IP and Called IP for the SIP trunks). It does not do call rating. 

As an old time Telecom Engineer, I also developed a traffic program that runs through a month of the date-named files to tally hourly traffic stats and concurrent call counts.

Contact me off line at jobrien@maimonidesmed.org if you want more info.

John O'Brien

John O'Brien
    P.E.
    Self Employed Consultant/Engineer
    Staten Island NY

• 3.  RE: CDR from SMGR

Posted 11-17-2022 04:21 PM
    If you have an Avaya SBCE we can provide the VB program John mentioned and we use to collect CDR on SIP trunk calls. If there is interest we can host a virtual meeting via the NYC chapter to present, discuss and share at no charge.  Feel free to contact me or John.

Kathleen DeSantis
    718-283-7899

Kathleen DeSantis
    Telecommunications Manager
    Maimonides Medical Center
    Brooklyn NY