Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  Caller Name Optimization - service providers

Posted 04-14-2023 11:11 AM

Is anyone using paid CNO (caller name optimization) services from vendors? We do have all our numbers registered in the free caller registry service, which kicks out info to companies like TNS, First Orion, and Neustar/TransUnion, but it seems like there are more advanced services that are not free, like brand mangement, call assurance, etc.

The issue is that some of our numbers are hitting cell phones as Spam or Likely Spam, and we don't like that!

I'm curious to know what others are doing in this regard. Thank you!

• 2.  RE: Caller Name Optimization - service providers

Posted 04-14-2023 11:18 AM

Chip,

When you take one of your stations and call 302-257-7304, what are the results?  Any attestation other than "A" will automatically result in calls being marked as Spam, regardless of the brand management and CNOs.

-Nick

------------------------------
    Nick Kwiatkowski
    Director of Design and Engineering
    Michigan State University
    East Lansing MI

• 3.  RE: Caller Name Optimization - service providers

Posted 04-14-2023 11:31 AM

It's hard for me to tell what the recording is saying. I think "No attestation received." These are from two numbers that are not being marked as spam.

• 4.  RE: Caller Name Optimization - service providers

Posted 06-15-2023 03:01 PM

We use Neustar's CNO and it definitely helped reduce spam tagging by the carriers. However, the STIR/SHAKEN piece is a different piece of the puzzle and CNO won't help with that. Your telco carrier needs to correctly sign ("certify") your outgoing calls to get the desired "A" (full attestation) rating.

Will Hodgins
    Lead Telecom Architect
    Answer Financial Inc.
    Encino CA