General IAUG Discussion Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Call Back Assist - Estimated Wait Time Announcement

Posted 12-14-2023 09:43 AM

Hi Everyone-

I have two questions about CBA - We're on 5.0.1.5-GA/Customer First-Priority Queuing

1. We have our CBA configs set up to "Always Announce EWT".  Callers hear "Your Estimated Wait Time is 3 min." the first time they are offered CBA.  The EWT never changes regardless of the number of people in the queue.  It's always 3 min.  Is there a way to monitor and announce a more realistic EWT.
    2. On the Voice Call Back Config Window, under Wait Treatment we do not have it configured to offer CBA again through the application.  We have programmed the vector to send it back to CBA for a secondary offer if the caller declines the first offer.  Is this why the caller only hears EWT once?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

------------------------------
    Lynne Williams
    Project Manager
    Virginia Commonwealth University
    Richmond VA
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: Call Back Assist - Estimated Wait Time Announcement

Posted 12-19-2023 05:40 PM
    Hi Lynne -

I'm not sure why callers always hear that the EWT is 3 mins.  But in our environment, we are using CM to establish the Wait Treatment and we do not have Reoffer Callback during WTA checked.

image.png

For CM to get any EWT for a skill, the skill must be staffed and have either agents available, on a call, or in after-call work.  Estimated Wait Time (EWT) is announced to the caller only when at least one Agent is on a call.  If all Agents are in AUX, the system can't determine EWT.  You generally need to pump in a decent amount of calls into agents prior, so there's at least some EWT calculated in the switch.  

You can do a "list trace ewt medium xx" (xx=skill number) in CM to see what the ewt value is for that skill.

>>We have programmed the vector to send it back to CBA for a secondary offer if the caller declines the first offer.  Is this why the caller only hears EWT once?

We also send the caller back to CBA if they have been waiting in queue for a period of time in case they want CBA after rejecting the initial offer.  This should not affect the system from giving a calculated EWT.  

I'd look at CM to see what it's reporting for a skill.  The problem may not be with CBA.

--

Chris Rosenstock

IT/Telephone Services

Berkeley Lab

Office: 510-486-4878

Email: CRosenstock@lbl.gov

• 3.  RE: Call Back Assist - Estimated Wait Time Announcement

Posted 01-12-2024 01:54 PM
    Hi Chris-

I've been out for almost 4 weeks and just saw your email.  Thank you!  Staffing may be the reason we aren't getting actual EWT.  We tested this in our test queue which only has two agents.

Kindest Regards,

Lynne Williams
    Project Manager, Telecommunications

Virginia Commonwealth University
    VCU Technology Services
    (804) 828-2880