Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  BUFFER CDR

Posted 10-21-2022 03:04 PM
    Hi everyone, my questions is: 1- How long  ( time ,secs, minutes, hours ) does the CDR buffer store if I only have a primary device ( link down )?
    2- 17326 records
    corresponds to each device ( Primary / Second ) ?
    3- what is 1900 records ?
    4-
    each call corresponds to a record?
    5-
    how is it interpreted in size ( KB, MB ) ?
    My PBX is  Main S8700  ( cluster )   version 6.3 , the CDR doesn´t  store on local disk.
    Thanks.
    Regards,

------------------------------
    Gustavo Caracciolo
    Customer Support Engineer
    Avaya
    Buenos Aires

• 2.  RE: BUFFER CDR

Posted 10-23-2022 10:58 AM
    Hello Gustavo,
    I think a lot of this answer is "it depends".  There's a finite amount of space.  Depending upon how many calls your system processes, it could last a very short time or a long time.  Some CDR record formats are longer than others.  Where are you drawing your numbers from?  The capacity table?

Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator

• 3.  RE: BUFFER CDR

Posted 10-24-2022 01:33 PM
    Hi Tom, yes it´s correct de Capacity table 6.0  this number. ( records ),  how much it´s equall in size( Kb ,Mb ,etc ) approximately?
    This CM is version 6.3 . The meter in external ( 3rd-party ). Doesn´t store locally on disk.
    It´s for BIA ( Business Impact Assement ) .  Recovery time object ( RTO )
    One of the points it´s availability of data.
    Although the receipt  is a customer database.
    Thanks.

Gustavo Caracciolo
    Avaya
    Buenos Aires

• 4.  RE: BUFFER CDR

Posted 10-24-2022 03:27 PM
    In CM 5.x, the system was limited to 8MB of buffer, split across both primary and secondary CDR endpoints.  That number is completely in memory and does not survive a system reset or forced interchange.  I've heard that was increased in CM 6, but I don't think it was published for how large it actually is.

To give some context, we have a fairly busy system from 8am-8pm with about 20,000 endpoints.  During the day, our system can buffer about 3-4 hours of CDR data with two endpoints before data is lost.  At night and on the weekends, it lasts about 2-3 days.  

The number of records is generally the number of calls.  Depending on what you are storing, that could include external calls, internal calls, incoming and/or outgoing.  That is highly dependent on your setup.

Nick Kwiatkowski
    Director of Design and Engineering
    Michigan State University
    East Lansing MI

• 5.  RE: BUFFER CDR

Posted 10-24-2022 04:58 PM
    Thanks Nick for the answer.
    My client  is a Bank has configured only Device Primary , not both. Let´s say  during the day you work  busy system from 08:00 AM -08:00 PM with about 540 enpoints
    Approximately how much can the buffer support?  3-4 hours  ? or less?
    Regards,

Gustavo Caracciolo
    Avaya
    Buenos Aires

• 6.  RE: BUFFER CDR

Posted 10-24-2022 05:29 PM
    CM may also generate multiple records per call due to attendant operations or transfers.  This behavior is controlled in the system-parameter CDR form. Pay attention to call splitting options.

If you're attempting to ensure no call detail records are lost, you may want to consider survivable CDR.  The capacity table you reference describes its maximum file size as 20mb and that it can store up to 20 files.

Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator

• 7.  RE: BUFFER CDR

Posted 10-24-2022 06:06 PM
    Edited by Tom Lynn 10-25-2022 03:44 PM
    Gustavo,
    You're just going to have to test this for yourself.  There's no way an outsider that is unfamiliar with the call volume of your customer can know.

Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator