Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  Avaya Messaging - Is SSO Broken for anyone else?

Posted 06-13-2023 10:36 AM

We use Avaya Messaging v11 and Avaya Cloud as the SSO provider using their IX Messaging Services App.  It has been working for about a year, but now the SSO URL https://sso.apps.avaya.com/ returns a 502 Server Error.

Is anyone else using Avaya Messaging and SSO experiencing this same problem?  I opened an SR with product support, but they concluded that this is an issue with Avaya Cloud where we have SSO setup.  We're having trouble getting support from the Avaya Cloud team.

If this is not a product issue, then we can't be the only customer having this issue.  In fact, just clicking on the link above reproduces the error.

------------------------------
    Chris Rosenstock
    Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
    Berkeley CA

• 2.  RE: Avaya Messaging - Is SSO Broken for anyone else?

Posted 06-16-2023 05:22 PM
    Edited by Chris Rosenstock 06-16-2023 05:22 PM

Avaya has confirmed that we are not the only customer who has reported this SSO issue.  No solution has been provided at this time.

Chris Rosenstock
    Berkeley CA

• 3.  RE: Avaya Messaging - Is SSO Broken for anyone else?

Posted 06-16-2023 05:54 PM
    Edited by Tom Lynn 06-16-2023 05:54 PM

I just got in to the normal SSO site, but had trouble earlier.  Maybe things have improved.

Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator

• 4.  RE: Avaya Messaging - Is SSO Broken for anyone else?

Posted 06-16-2023 06:29 PM
    Edited by Chris Rosenstock 06-16-2023 06:29 PM

Still not working for us. For our Avaya Messaging Hybrid SAML SSO configuration, I received a message today requesting that we change sso.apps.avaya.com to accounts.avayacloud.com.

However, I can't just change the SSO URL, it is greyed out in the UCSConfig.exe utility and is statically set to use sso.apps.avaya.com.

I think Avaya needs to reinstate sso.apps.avaya.com or develop a new utility that uses the new SSO URL. 

Chris Rosenstock
    Berkeley CA

• 5.  RE: Avaya Messaging - Is SSO Broken for anyone else?

Posted 06-23-2023 06:36 PM

Chris, did this get resolved? Were you able to speak to anyone at Engage who provided feedback?

P.S. - Great to meet you in person this week!

• 6.  RE: Avaya Messaging - Is SSO Broken for anyone else?

Posted 06-23-2023 07:06 PM

Good news!  Avaya SupportCloud got the SSO URL (sso.apps.avaya.com) service reinstated today.    It was a victim of some backend Google Cloud platform restructuring.   Avaya says that this URL will be under active management now.  

At Engage, I ran into a Cloud Support Engineer who was aware of this issue and assured me they would resolve it. 

Great conference!

Chris Rosenstock
    Berkeley CA