Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  abrv-dial for SIP phones

Posted 10-31-2023 06:43 PM

This finally came up, but I don't seem to be able to add abrv-dial keys to SIP phones in a mostly 8.x environment on J1xx or 96xx SIP phones. This is just something we don't do anymore with SIP phones, or is my system set up weird? Works fine on the H.323 phones.

• 2.  RE: abrv-dial for SIP phones

Posted 10-31-2023 06:47 PM

Unfortunately abbreviated dial list are not supported with SIP phones. 

------------------------------
    Todd Stone
    Telecommunications Adminstrator
    St Johns County Schools

• 3.  RE: abrv-dial for SIP phones

Posted 10-31-2023 07:47 PM

You are correct, the old-school abbreviated dial lists are no longer supported for SIP devices.

Rather, you now have the concept of Contacts -- which are abbreviated dials, but user customizable, and can also include presence for users on your system.  You can still add them to any button, and you can also have system or group based contacts that you can push out using System Manager.

Nick Kwiatkowski
    Director of Design and Engineering
    Michigan State University
    East Lansing MI

• 4.  RE: abrv-dial for SIP phones

Posted 11-01-2023 11:51 AM

Thanks Nick and Todd. I figured as much, just wanted to ask the big brains.

• 5.  RE: abrv-dial for SIP phones

Posted 11-09-2023 10:19 AM

I am using the abbreviated call dialing with my classroom phones.  In the CM endpoint for the associated SIP user I just put the list info in the "abbreviated call dialing" section and then in the "button assignment"  I use the autodial to associate to it(you just have to use the FAC for the abbreviated dialing list with the autodial(for me example autdial *6101 Abbreviated Dialing List1 AC.  It works great.  Also I had it working on version 7.1 and now 10.1.3

On another note in 10.1 "hot dial"  now shows as a option but I havent tried it yet.  Would be nice to have SIP hotdialing.

Steven Harris
    UC systems engineer
    NETAGEN
    Ottawa ON