Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  SIP J179 Template

Posted 06-06-2023 09:29 AM

Hello Team,

Does anyone have a SIP J179 phone template for programming?

------------------------------
    Timika Franklin
    Customer Service Manager
    State of MS - Dept of Information Technology Services
    Jackson MS
    ------------------------------

• 2.  RE: SIP J179 Template

Posted 06-07-2023 02:51 PM

Hi Timika, I'll email you.

• 3.  RE: SIP J179 Template

Posted 06-07-2023 04:57 PM

Sorry Timika, I'm not sure how to export phone templates out of SMGR. For a second I thought you meant a 46xxsettings file, which I could anonymize and send to you for those phones. Shoot me an email if you like.

• 4.  RE: SIP J179 Template

Posted 06-08-2023 12:54 PM
      |   view attached

Hello Chip,

We usually give our customer a phone template to fill out their busy indicators or autodial programming for the  telephone.  I have attached one that we use for a digital phone.  With the SIP J 179, the phone buttons are not listed 1-4 on the side but 1, 3, 5 or odd on the left and even on the right.  I would have called you but don't have your direct number. I should have attached the example above for clarification of my initial question.

Thanks,

Timika

Timika Franklin, CPM
    Customer Service Manager
    MS Department of Information Technology Services
    601-432-8098 |
    www.its.ms.gov

DISCLAIMER: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly prohibited

Attachment(s)

pdf
    9408 BI Template.pdf   2.18 MB 1 version

• 5.  RE: SIP J179 Template

Posted 06-08-2023 02:50 PM

OK, I understand now. Yeah, SIP J1xx button placement does not seem as straightforward as it was in the TDM or even the H.323 world. I don't personally use busy indicators, but my colleague uses something called a "team" button (I think) that has a similar functionality. I know that with the J1xx phones, the user has much more control over which buttons go where. Like I can create my own autodials and move them around on the display wherever I want. I think you can do the same with most other buttons. Good discussion for next week at Engage if no one else has a response here.