Emerging Technology

View Only
  • 1.  SBCE API: 404 - Not Found

Posted 01-27-2023 06:20 PM
    I've been trying to access the API for version 8 SBCE's new API.  I can get an authorization token, but when I attempt to make a call using the bearer token I get a 404 Not Found response every time.  I'm following the SDK examples verbatim but can't get past the 404.

Has anyone hear used this successfully?  If so, did you encounter this problem and work around it?  Or did it just work as per the SDK.

Thank you!

------------------------------
    Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator

• 2.  RE: SBCE API: 404 - Not Found

Posted 07-11-2023 01:50 PM

Yes. I have had limited success. Some of it works some of it doesn't based on the documentation set. Getting the user created with the correct permissions was a challenge. I had to go into the postgres database to look. Documentation is not clear when you look at EMS/SBC combo versus EMS with separate HA SBCs. 

Created a separate role and user with #all permissions using the .py scripts then going in and verifying the permissions matched in the database. Do not try to modify the existing role. Very easy to break it and prevent you from doing anything.

James Middleton
    Senior Technical Director
    Carousel Industries

• 3.  RE: SBCE API: 404 - Not Found

Posted 07-12-2023 09:40 AM

I've had success using the API, though I'll say earlier versions of 8.x had some bugs.  Right now I'm on 8.1.3.2 and use APIs to manipulate URI groups and firewall rules.  Can you share some of the URLs you're using and what methods?   One bug I ran into in earlier releases was when the API call required regex in the URL (such as the regex you might use in a URI Group).  The special characters themselves aren't supported in the URL and Avaya had to add support to pass in the data base64 encoded.

Sam Osheroff
    UC Engineer
    University of Washington
    Seattle WA