General IAUG Discussion Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Rusty Avaya Admin - Update Routing

Posted 11-16-2022 03:53 PM
    Edited by Jeremy Ward 11-16-2022 04:08 PM
    Hi all - been a while since posting in here, but sure am getting some good nostalgia this week!

Turning down an old instance and there is an LSP in Europe with a PSTN connection, routing calls back to the main SM/CM in the US. The call is going from EU PSTN > EU LSP > US CM > EU SBC > Teams. We're a few weeks away from the PRI cards being added to the new SBC, so I'm trying to reroute the EU PSTN traffic straight to the EU SBC, eliminating the loop back to the main US CM/SM. The other question becomes, can I shut down the US CM/SM with the EU LSP still there to route to the EU SBC in the interim.

Any suggestions?

• 2.  RE: Rusty Avaya Admin - Update Routing
    Best Answer

Posted 11-17-2022 08:06 PM
    Hi Jeremy.  I'm going to make a couple of assumptions and ask some questions.  First, what do you mean by turning down an old instance?  Instance of what?  Secondly, when you say EU LSP, I assume you mean a G4x0 media gateway hosting a S8300x media server in the LSP role.  Please correct me if I'm wrong.   

Assuming this media-gateway's controller is the US based CM, I'd think that the RTP from the EU media-gateway would be capable of shuffling directly to the EU SBC (depending on your network topology and network region configuration), but signaling is likely bound to the US since CM Procr would be managing the SIP connection to Session Manager, also in US, and then onto the EU SBC. 

As long as you can get the RTP to shuffle from the Media gateway to the EU SBC, your round trip time for RTP should not be impacted by a trip half way across the world and back.

Let us know,

------------------------------
    Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator

• 3.  RE: Rusty Avaya Admin - Update Routing

Posted 12-15-2022 05:48 PM
    Ditch the E1's and move to SIP trunking. Sounds like if the goal is to decommission the LSP and have those DIDs ring into MS Teams you are better off porting the numbers to your SIP carrier for Teams and take Avaya out of the loop.

Adam Schuyler
    Principal Telecom Engineer
    Science Applications International Corporation
    Orlando FL

• 4.  RE: Rusty Avaya Admin - Update Routing

Posted 12-15-2022 06:05 PM
    Edited by Jeremy Ward 12-15-2022 06:05 PM
    Hi Adam,

Thanks for the reply. We're moving the E1s from the G450 to the Audiocodes SBC directly as we speak, 3 more locations to go.

Have a great holiday.

Jeremy