General IAUG Discussion Forum

View Only
  • 1.  Ask Ava

Posted 05-24-2022 01:42 PM
    In the last few months, I've become kind of frustrated with the Ask Ava feature of the website.  I tend to get links to non relevant topics and when I use a live agent, they simply open tickets for other people to answer later.  When this happens, the process can take much longer than doing it myself.  I've kind of lost hope of finding an expert using this avenue.  

What are other people experiencing using this feature of the support website? 

------------------------------
    Tom Lynn

• 2.  RE: Ask Ava

Posted 06-16-2022 01:28 PM
    Hi Tom,
    My experience with Ava is about the same.
    When it comes to a live agent, this is a first-line engineer and he himself looks through what is on the subject of the issue in the Avaya database.
    We have engineers from Sofia, Bulgaria in the eastern hemisphere. I already know well who specializes in what.
    If at night then from the Philippines.

Ruslan Makrushin
    Forum Moderator
    Senior System Administrator
    Rostelecom Digital Technologies
    Moscow

• 3.  RE: Ask Ava

Posted 06-16-2022 02:06 PM
    My recent experience is that the live agent you get has been opening an SR to refer to an SME.  Previously it was as you say, you could get an SME on fairly short notice for a quick question.  I am told that there are some upcoming changes that may improve things, so I'm hopeful things will improve.

Tom Lynn