Unified Communications

View Only
  • 1.  Any Reports/Scripts to pull out Registered IP Phones and all of their MAC Addresses?

Posted 11-03-2022 02:46 PM

So we have had a request to provide a report that shows all the H.323 Extensions, their IP Addresses and their MAC addresses.

I know I can run a List Registered to get all of the Registered H.323 phones currently, but that list does not provide MAC address.

I know I can status station, and get MAC Addresses, but with 1000's of H.323 phones, I am not going to do that manually.

So I was wondering if someone had some suggestions and/or a magic script that could be run to pull this data out?

Thanks!

------------------------------
    James Davis
    Lead Voice Engineer
    University of Nebraska Medical Center
    Omaha NE

• 2.  RE: Any Reports/Scripts to pull out Registered IP Phones and all of their MAC Addresses?

Posted 11-04-2022 12:33 PM
    It isn't as elegant as a script but we pull reports from DHCP and put that into a spreadsheet with the list reg output. A Vlookup using the IP from the list reg report will return the MAC address. 

-James

James Rawland
    Telecom Engineer
    PeaceHealth
    Springfield OR

• 3.  RE: Any Reports/Scripts to pull out Registered IP Phones and all of their MAC Addresses?

Posted 11-21-2022 06:49 PM
    Hi James, 
    Are you using any AES servers in your environment?

Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator

• 4.  RE: Any Reports/Scripts to pull out Registered IP Phones and all of their MAC Addresses?

Posted 12-01-2022 03:46 PM
    Yes we have one for Call Recording...

James Davis
    Lead Voice Engineer
    University of Nebraska Medical Center
    Omaha NE

• 5.  RE: Any Reports/Scripts to pull out Registered IP Phones and all of their MAC Addresses?

Posted 12-12-2022 11:33 AM
    Hi James,
    I do have a linux bash script that uses cURL to make service calls via AES to get a list of registered stations (or even just stations).  The list can be used in a loop to generate the status station command for each phone.

Tom Lynn
    Forum Moderator