2018 IAUG Board of Directors Call for Nominations
The Call for Nominations for the 2018 IAUG Board of Directors is now open. Participation on the Board of Directors enables you to lend your leadership and vision to the user group community and to contribute to defining its path forward. If you are interested in serving or nominating a fellow member, please see below for more information.
Call for Nominations Timeline
- Call for Nominations Opens: Friday, August 4, 2017
- Call for Nominations Closes: Friday, August 18, 2017
- Eligibility: Members of IAUG may nominate themselves or fellow members in good standing to serve on the IAUG Board of Directors as a director.
- Deadline: Applications must be completed and submitted to Carrie Adams (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 11:59 p.m. CDT, Friday, August 18, 2017
- Save the Application: Please save the application file using the nominee’s name in the following format: LastnameFirstname.doc. For example, nominee Mike Jones should be saved as jonesmike.doc.
- Application Review: Upon closing the call for nominations, the IAUG Nominations Committee will review all completed applications and candidates will be informed of next steps. Based on candidate applications and interviews, the committee will put forward a slate of candidates for approval by the IAUG membership in early November 2017.
Board of Directors Description
The work of the board is to serve as directors for the members in determining and demanding appropriate organizational performance. The roles and responsibilities of an IAUG director include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Attend all board meetings and calls. The board holds monthly calls and two to three in person meetings per year, one of which takes place at IAUG's annual Avaya ENGAGE Conference.
- Be informed and in support of IAUG’s mission, services, policies and programs.
- Make decisions in the best interests of the membership as a whole.
- Serve on and attend committee meetings as necessary and offer to take on special assignments.
- Assist the board in carrying out its fiduciary responsibilities and exercising financial stewardship and good business judgment in all IAUG affairs.